Just about every home in Brisbane has a garage door and most of these have an automatic garage door opener fitted. These doors provide the home with security, and an automatic opener gives us push button convenience. But none of us think about either of them – until they go wrong!
And that is about when we discover that we know very little about them. We don’t know that there are different types of doors available, or that not all doors can be fitted to our garage, or what are our options for repair or automation.
In this post, we are going to discuss about the types of automated garage door openers, which will help you in giving an idea to pick the desired one. Please read on!
- A) Tilt Doors and Sectional Doors
#Option1- Chain Drive Garage Door Openers:
The majority of older Tilt Doors and Sectional Doors in Brisbane use this chain driven classic garage door opener. These openers have a unit that contains the controls and the electric motor, and this unit drives a bicycle chain attached o a trolley which in turn is connected to the garage door by a j-arm. The trolley runs up and down a rail or a track and the chain is exposed.
- These are common on the Tilt Doors installed on the traditional “Queenslander” houses. These chain driven garage door openers are rugged and reliable and for years have been one of the most economical options
- But recent and potential changes to Australia Health and Safety regulations for garage door openers, means that this system with an exposed chain drive has meant that reputable suppliers of garage door openers have moved to a “C-Rail” system, which has the belt or chain totally enclosed within the rail.
- This means that we no longer install the traditional Chain Drive Garage Door Opener on domestic garage doors.
#Option2- Belt Drive Garage Door Openers:
As a result of the Health and Safety compliance issues already mentioned in Option 1, , their sleekness and much reduced noise levels, the belt driven garage door opener is now the preferred option, particularly in more up-market accommodation.
- The door is lifted by a steel reinforced rubber belt that is entirely enclosed within the “C-Rail” system.
- Newer and quieter motors and gearboxes, and the reduced vibration resulting from eliminating the chain, has meant further reduction in noise levels and wear and tear.
Feel free to contact us today at 0424 313 713.